Re: finally fixing modconf bugs -- please read

    Randolph> Sorry for being away for a while..
    Randolph> I'm going to upload a new modconf to (hopefully) close 2 of the three RC
    Randolph> bugs. Please use it (0.2.26.10) for any new BF builds.

    Randolph> As for the remaining RC bug (#60182) I think this is actually a
    Randolph> boot-floppies bug in dbootstrap. dbootstrap calls modconf with the --tty
    Randolph> parameter, which overrids modconf's own (proper) redirection mechanisms. I'm
    Randolph> guessing the --tty /dev/console setting was needed to support serial
    Randolph> consoles... any ideas what the story there is? If I don't hear anything I'll
    Randolph> drop the --tty from dbootstrap.

 From what I gather, it ought to work fine to call it with "--tty
 /dev/tty", even with serial console.  "/dev/tty" is the controlling
 terminal of the process, whereas "/dev/console" is the foreground
 console.  I can't see any reason why that wouldn't work.  Let's make
 the change and get someone with a serial console setup to test it for
 us.