installing from zip tests, and feature wishlist

Great, so my zip disk actually boots and loads the installer, kernel
(idepci) detects it as "ATAPI FLOPPY", and I think my LS120 detects the
same way. These devices should be added to the "select installation
medium" dialog if detected.

So I'm going to mount the zip disk and install "mounted". Hmmmm. zip disk
doesn't show up in the list of things I can mount.
The kernel did report I had an hdc4.

I'll go ahead and mount /dev/hdc4 on /instmnt then.
I choose to install from "already mounted" and success. Reads the kernel
from resc2880.bin, modules from modules.tgz.

Looks like success. I was able to install from base2_2.tgz on the zip
disk, set up the network and system, installed lilo, and rebooted.

I'll give it another go with CVS once that's compiling again, and report
what bugs I see there.

--
Beiad Ian Q. Dalton