some comments on m68k stuff (was Re: m68k boot-floppies)

loop:

Someone mentioned that there were hardcoded assumptions that loop is a
module.  If that's true, it ought to be fixed.  I couldn't find any
modprobe or insmod commands in the top-level, however.  I thought it
could either be a module or else in the kernel, see the 'check-loop'
rule in the top-level Makefile.

hfsutils, etc:

If m68k has additional dependancies, it would be good to add them to
the 'depends_checks' variable in the top-level Makefile.

file naming:

Sorry for the change and all that.  The whole system is nasty nasty
nasty.  As it is now, the *.sh and top-level Makefile often expects
.bin and .tgz files to be named in a certain way, a way which no
longer matches the layout scheme.  So this mapping is done in
release.sh, to go from the old way kinda to the new way.  'release.sh'
is just a hack around this problem, so don't worry if it is ugly and
nasty.  In fact, the top-level Makefile is the closest thing to
Makefile hell I've ever seen.  We're just scotch taping stuff together
for now for potato.  We plan to utterly eliminate all this for woody.

Guidance on file naming should be provided by (a) looking at other
arches (probably 2.2.9 or higher) in the distro, and (b) the top-level
README-Users.m4 which is meant for users to give them guidance on
where to look, and (c) dbootstrap sources.

Again, sorry it's a mess but we just gotta live with that for potato.