Re: iso9660 root (was Re: [woody-discussion] cramfs - compressed rom fs)

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> There's not really any code, just check the boot-sparc script in debian-cd
> for how it was layed out. Basically I just untarred the root.tar.gz, made
> a few modifications, and it was done (pay attention to the mods, they are
> needed for dbootstrap to work right). Most importantly, make sure you have
> the boot loader pass "cdrom" as a boot param so that dbootstrap and
> busybox do the right thing.

Ah, that's easy, all I have to do is put in /etc/aboot.conf in the CD
(which I'd need to do anyway).

Cool, I will hopefully have Alpha CDs this weekend or next weekend
sometime.

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.1239 desk, 613.223.0225 mobile