iso9660 root (was Re: [woody-discussion] cramfs - compressed rom fs)

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> Acutall busbox has no problems with read-only filesystems. The sparc
> CDROM's will be booting from an iso9660 root filesystem. This works
> perfectly well (although I do have to mount a ramdisk for /tmp and point
> stuff in /var to /tmp).

Is this code in debian-cd?  Alphas and at least some PowerPC machines
can do the same thing so it would be nice to share the code between
architectures.

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.1239 desk, 613.223.0225 mobile