Re: m68k boot-floppies

> > Argh, I am becoming old... major problem:
> >  couldn't create a loop device for /Instmnt/Debian-2.2/amiga/images-1.44/rescue.bin
> > is this a kernelproblem (should have loop support) or a filesystem problem
> > (Instmnt is amiga FFS Intl, read only AFAIK)?
>
> The boot floppies are broken in this aspect, they need loop support to be
> built as module, so if you have them in the kenrel, they are not happy.

Huh?? I think the kernel requires loop compiled in and not as a module -
the kernel image is extracted from rescue.bin by loop mount before the
modules are loaded from drivers.tgz.

It works on Atari, that's all I know. And I did compile loop and FAT/VFAT
in. Apparently it also works on Mac (also with loop compiled in).

	Michael