Re: m68k boot-floppies

> > - resc1440.bin: root.bin is missing. Well, it won't have fit anymore so we
> > can as well dump the bootargs stuff unless I can find a way to load kernel
> > and ramdisk from different floppies.
> root.bin? You are not talking about rootatari.bin? did I forget to cary a
> file with me?

rootatari.bin which is called root.bin on the rescue floppy (but wouldn't
have fit anyway).

> > - drivers-1.bin isn't a MSDOS floppy image, apparently. What is it? (dd to
> > a floppy doesn't result in anything readable by mtools)
> shrug.

Dito. How was it created? If it's a filesystem image it must be the floppy
image from hell. I had three processes jam on my Powerbook while trying to
loopback mount it.

> > - The directory layout for the install files is a bit odd. Seems we are
> > expected to replicate the mirror tree exactly:
> oh well this is because the release script failed to complete, because some

Nope, the directory tree as the installer expects it is weird. Our install
guide will look like this:

- create debian/ directory somewhere on your disk.

- copy kernel, booter, ramdisk and base2_2.tgz there.

- create subdirectory Atari/

- copy drivers.tgz to Atari/

- create subdirectory Atari/images-1.44/

- copy rescue.bin to Atari/images-1.44/

And we'll need to change the directory layout of the install.lha files
accordingly.

> > .../debian/base2_2.tgz
> >           /Atari/drivers.tgz
> >           /Atari/images-1.44/rescue.bin
> that how it will look like, atari though, not Atari

It specifically asks for Atari :-) The filesystem doesn't care though
(but imagine pulling that stunt on an ext2 filesystem: would have to be
Atari there). Maybe tolower($Arch) for the path components?

> > The zip drive is full with the base install alone so I'll stop now. I
> > could repair all of the glitches during install from the shell without a
> > single reboot. Needs no improvement for all I care :-)
> Cool! I will try an install on my swap partition, maybe next week.
> When the final(?) corrections have been done in the scripts, I will do another
> complete build, I should upload the amiga kernel image as well...
> m68k ready for potato? Well, maybe a MAC and a VME will test this a little.

Lemme correct the install guides first.

	Michael