Re: m68k boot-floppies

On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 08:31:18PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> - resc1440.bin: root.bin is missing. Well, it won't have fit anymore so we
> can as well dump the bootargs stuff unless I can find a way to load kernel
> and ramdisk from different floppies.
root.bin? You are not talking about rootatari.bin? did I forget to cary a
file with me?

> - drivers-1.bin isn't a MSDOS floppy image, apparently. What is it? (dd to
> a floppy doesn't result in anything readable by mtools)
shrug.

> - The directory layout for the install files is a bit odd. Seems we are
> expected to replicate the mirror tree exactly:
oh well this is because the release script failed to complete, because some
names have changed. It started to copy files in the correct places. I did not
sort it manually, I just took everything I think that was produced with me
(70MB...), may have forgotten something.
> .../debian/base2_2.tgz
>           /Atari/drivers.tgz
>           /Atari/images-1.44/rescue.bin
that how it will look like, atari though, not Atari

> is what is looked for. After moving the files into their proper places,
> dbootstrap still thinks the install is broken even afer unpacking
> everything. This may be due to:
>
> - configure modules: depmod -a as well as modprobe complain that the
> modules' owner isn't root. Silly me, I forgot the chown -R root when
> building the kernel packages. Can you please add a chown -R root to the
> drivers.sh, before the drivers.tgz gets packed up?
yup, will try.

> The rest went fine, except for some error message during system init
> (while updating locate database or such, user nobody tried su and run
> /bin/sh which failed). Odd. The whole apt configuration etc. went smooth
> and it seems like this is a definite improvement over slink there.
>
> The zip drive is full with the base install alone so I'll stop now. I
> could repair all of the glitches during install from the shell without a
> single reboot. Needs no improvement for all I care :-)
Cool! I will try an install on my swap partition, maybe next week.
When the final(?) corrections have been done in the scripts, I will do another
complete build, I should upload the amiga kernel image as well...
m68k ready for potato? Well, maybe a MAC and a VME will test this a little.

Christian