syslogd.c in busybox (Re: Sun4d installation successful)

Hi.

In article <[🔎] oaya76g9r8.fsf@arroz.fake>,
  at 25 Mar 2000 13:55:23 -0500,
    on Re: Sun4d installation successful,
 Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> There are reboot problems in the CVS version, and possibly 2.2.8,
> which can sometimes be caused by processes grabbing syslog(), which
> seems to make init hang.
>
> For instance, on i386 laptops, I get init hangs until I kill cardmgr.
> Anyhow, we've identified what this is and I hope to get it fixed
> shortly.

The syslogd.c in busybox seems recently be changed (I just checked it
with my local cvs tree and I don't know who did this great thing),
and I think this problem may be fixed now in CVS, isn't it ?

The old syslogd.c use just accept(), but new syslogd.c use select()
before going to use accept(). This (using select()) is the same way
as the code in the standard sysklogd pacakge.

(I tried to work on this, but I found this work has been done already,
 so I do nothing for it. sorry)

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>