Re: making PCMCIA happy

On Tue Mar 21, 2000 at 12:17:42PM -0500, Brian Mays wrote:
> > Hum.  Is fuser necessary, do you think, for some install / boot
> > situations?
>
> For simple stuff -- to get the system up and running and begin the real
> installation -- probably not.  In my opinion, you could probably get away
> with a "dummy" version of fuser, which keeps the scripts from complaining,
> but doesn't actually do anything.

Something like that could be easily added to
boot-floppies/scripts/rootdisk/prototype/bin/lazybox.

Could you gather up the fuser use cases so we can get an
idea of what it needs to do?  For example, to kill pcmcia-cs
on the boot floppies root disk, the following is sufficient
    kill `ps fax | grep "[i]nit"`

We can certainly cobble together a set of lazybox scripts to
handle the main use cases of the pcmcia stuff...

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org