Re: m68k boot-floppies

> > - shouldn't we just replace the amiga-fdisk package with amiga-fdisk-bf in
> > the archive, or upload a fixed version of amiga-fdisk? What's the
> > difference between -bf and the normal one, functionality wise?
>
> Yes , you have to use the amiga-fdisk-bf package instead of amiga-fdisk package.I made it extra for debian/ppc/apus boot floppies.
>
> amiga-fdisk-bf is the same package as amiga-fdisk, just i replaced the
> libreadline stuff by a naive scanf stuff. I was not able to create a multi
> binary package out of this, so i split the pakage in two source packages. If
> anyone could fix this, it would be nice.

If the two binaries are identical otherwise (behave the same on user
input), and there's no compelling reason to have a libreadline linked
amiga-fdisk in the base system, why not use the scanf version as the one
and only amiga-fdisk?

I guess the person to answer this is Frank Neumann (assuming he still
maintains amiga-fdisk).

	Michael