Re: m68k boot-floppies

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 11:40:19AM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > Can't find package pciutils
> >
> > I've fixed this in boot-floppies CVS by moving pciutils from PACKAGES_all to
> > PACKAGES_arch except m68k.
>
> Thanks a lot, Nick.
>
> > > I: determining set of required libraries
> > > E: the following required libraries weren't extracted:
> > /lib/libncurses.so.5 /lib/libreadline.so.4
> > > E: ./rootdisk.sh abort
> > > make[1]: *** [rootamiga.bin] Error 255
> >
> > Fixed in CVS, incorrect version of amiga-fdisk requested in
> > EXTRACT_LIST_m68k, needed amiga-fdisk-bf version without dependencies on
> > libncurses5 and libreadline4.
>
> Two questions
>
> - will amiga-fdisk work without these libraries?
>
> - shouldn't we just replace the amiga-fdisk package with amiga-fdisk-bf in
> the archive, or upload a fixed version of amiga-fdisk? What's the
> difference between -bf and the normal one, functionality wise?

Yes , you have to use the amiga-fdisk-bf package instead of amiga-fdisk package.I made it extra for debian/ppc/apus boot floppies.

amiga-fdisk-bf is the same package as amiga-fdisk, just i replaced the
libreadline stuff by a naive scanf stuff. I was not able to create a multi
binary package out of this, so i split the pakage in two source packages. If
anyone could fix this, it would be nice.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER