Re: README-Users.m4 > README.txt

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> ship files.  I don't think (in this case) I'd be all that happy about
> having all ASCII files use DOS EOL conventions.

I'd say that all must-be-readable-from-DOS/Win files have DOS EOLs. This would
include READMEs, and e.g. dselect and cfdisk manpages. We _do_ ask first-time
users to read those, after all. Other ASCII files (like HTML files) can just
keep their UX EOLs.

>    It seems to me it
> *would* be better if all ASCII files have the .txt ending but I'm not
> sure.

Agreed. Otherwise Win* users have to specify a viewer themselves. If we can
easily save them that effort, then we should.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer