Re: m68k boot-floppies

Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 07:52:44PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > make binary. It would be tremendously helpful to have a separate hook from
> > dpkg-buildpackage to just package the whole stuff (starting with make
> > install) and another one to run without make clean, and stop short of make
> > install.
>
> There is.  Look at dpkg-buildpackage's -r option; only binary and clean
> are run with priviledge.  The boot floppies are an exception because of
> their more particular requirements.

You can set the ROOTCMD make variable in boot-floppies to do this,
e.g. 'make ROOTCMD=sudo'.  It doesn't work for all the targets yet
(all of the ones I've encountered on Alpha that require root now use
it).

Of course you need sudo for this because the boot floppies actually
require you to be root (you have to mount loopback filesystems and so
forth), rather than just fakeroot.

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.1239 tel