Re: MegaRAID under potato

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:

> > Yesterday, I booted it from the original slink release CD, which had
> > no difficulty recognizing the logical drive, installing upon it, and
> > booting from it. No, it doesn't make any sense to me why an unmodified
> > 2.0.36 kernel under slink had absolutely no problem with it, while
> > 2.2.13 and 2.2.14 under potato just sat there staring into space.

> If this really is the case, I suspect you have the PERC 2/SC
> controller after all. Hmm, that 4400 probably comes with the SCSI160
> adapter, if it is not the RAID adapter then it is some Adaptec, and
> those are supported in Linux. Try checking what SCSI adapters there
> are in your Dell and which disks are connected to what.

Your suspicion is incorrect. The array is connected to a PERC2/DC w/ 128MB
cache, and it is configured for 4 disks: RAID 5 with 1 hot spare.  When I
boot it from slink, I get lots of good information listed in the sequence
under "megaraid:" that I don't get under potato. It's odd, but that's the
way it is.

--
Hecubus