Bug: No error message if root password is repeated wrong

[I should have filed that as a formal bug, but since I was told that
boot-floppies is the wrong package to file boot-floppy bugs against, I
don't know which package to file that bug.]

When the root passwort is repeated incorrectly, the system jumps back
to the "Enter a password for root" prompt without giving an error
message first.

This happens with the current boot disks, 2.2.8-2000-03-09.

Greetings
Marc