packages to remove: ppp-pam?

How about ppp-pam? Someone wrote me that it was no longer necessary since ppp supported pam without help.
This was in response to my report of the conlict betweeen ppp and ppp-pam.

They suggested I remove ppp-pam. I would add that I'm not sure I explicitly requested its installation; it may have come along with some other stuff, so it might be relatively easy to fall into this problem.

I can't seem to locate the message, which I guess was sent privately to me at another address.

At any rate, if the package is totally superfluous, it should go.

This probably is not a boot-floppy issue, but that's were this thread started...