Re: bf 2.2.8 vanishing reboot abilities

This was after I had a complete system up and running. I did not make the system bootable from the hard disk (during the initial installation), but I did create a boot-floppy.

From what you say, there's no surprise if the floppy lacks lilo.conf, so I think the mystery is what happened to /etc/lilo.conf on the hard drive.

At 08:45 PM 3/14/00, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
"Ross Boylan" <ross@sphinx.com> writes:

> Continuing on my reports of losing the ability to boot from diskettes ...
>
> I went to try to fix this up and discovered I couldn't find a lilo.conf
> anywhere (/etc, /boot, /root, /floppy, and various find's).

What phase are you at?  If rescue disk, it doesn't use lilo.conf but
rather the syslinux stuff instead.  If a base system after traversing
the installation procedure, then there should indeed be
/etc/lilo.conf, written by dbootstrap itself, unless you skipped the
'make bootable' step or skipped lilo somehow.