Re: build custom installdisk?

    Michael> Please tell me, which ".config" I have to use to get a working bootfloppy
    Michael> kernel.

 Install the kernel-source and kernel-package packages, then take the
 config file from either the default kernel-image or from the compact
 kernel-image.  (An easy way to do that is use `mc' in a terminal,
 press Enter over the kernel-image .deb, browse into the package
 tarfile's /boot directory, then copy the config file out.)  When you
 run `make xconfig' or `make menuconfig' in the kernel-source
 directory, have it load the config you took from the Debian
 kernel-image package you chose.  Change whatever options you like,
 and then run `make-kpkg' (RTFM - I won't give a tutorial.) to create
 your custom kernel-image package.  Put that in your Incoming or local
 directory (as defined in the toplevel `config' makefile), and build
 the boot-floppies.