Re: More on the release.sh breakage.

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 10:59:59AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz écrivait:
> > Actually, I believe we DO need to pad the disks - bear in mind that
> > they are meant as much for use with MacOS DiskCopy as with straight dd.
> > DiskCopy tends to be pickier about such things.
>
> Another reason why we do need to pad the disks is that mkhybrid and
> mkisofs want exact 1,44 or 2,88 Mb images otherwise they'll fail...

I don't think root.bin should be padded as such.  It could be used to build new
tftpboot images with own compiled kernel without the mess of installing
boot-floppies package to create a new root.bin.  I don't want to add around
100kb or more of zeroes to my tftpboot images, they are already so big.
If you need such floppy image, create a rootdisk.bin image, but still leaves
root.bin untouched.

About mkisofs, I think it's the responsibility of the Debian CD maker to pad
the disks when needed.

Regards.

--
 Eric Delaunay                 | S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y
 delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr | a pas de problème.   Devise Shadok.