Re: no window manager, no x-terminal, after installing task-gnom

Just tried another install today, with boot-floppies built from
CVS sources that I updated about noon today, PST.  I installed the
task-x-window-system package, and typed `startx' when dselect was
finished.  I saw the standard X stippled background ... and nothing
else.  No xterm.  It took me a few minutes to realize that I was
running twm (I clicked the left mouse-button, and lo, the twm menu
came up) but alas: there's no way for me to start processes!  Since
there's no xterm, I can't type at a command line, and the twm menu has
no way to start a process.

`xinit' doesn't have this problem: it starts X and xterm, and I can
start twm by hand and continue to issue shell commands.

As before, where does the responsibility lie?  I assume that this
should be raised as a bug against some package or other, but I don't
know which.

Thanks