Re: [IDEA]: extended task selecter for woody

In reference to a message from Ben Collins, dated Mar 02:
> I'm not sure exactly what plans are held for woody. But I had a thought
> for a simple extension to the task selecter. Basically it would allow you
> to open a tree for each task and manually select/unselect each package
> that the task depends on. If not all of the packages under a task are
> selected, then the task package itself is not installed (just the selected
> sub packages).

as others have pointed out, in many cases packages in a task package have so
many dependencies on each other than the benefits are rather small... but of
course there's no reason to *not* look into this. having said this, adding a
command-line limiting pattern to capt (or similar) tools seem to be a a much
simpler way to deal with this problem, notwithstanding those programs'
higher level of complexity.

i'd much rather see a remove-task-package function added to tasksel at the
moment. any takers?

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>