Re: slink on Athlon

Stuart Laird writes:

> OK, I have tried option 2 and it doesn't work.  The potato boot
> looks for the rescue disk image in a different location.  I don't
> have a running copy of Linux to change the kernel on the disk to try
> option 1.

If you have a system where you can compile a kernel it's easy to
compile one that can replace the default rescue disk kernel. Compile
in (not as module) initrd and support for msdos and minix file
systems. I'm not sure if msdos support is really needed, but I can't
check now, but it won't hurt you.

It this is not the case I should have such a kernel somewhere. I have
a system which also needed a non-standard kernel.

--
Ari Makela
hauva@iki.fi   		              		    http://www.iki.fi/hauva/

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live. You also panic." - Douglas Adams