Re: [i8n] Latin 2 fonts need modification in rootdisk.sh

Hello!

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Matej Vela wrote:

> I disagree.  The iso*g fonts were made for two reasons: first, the
> lat2u-16 font doesn't display correctly on VGA cards, and second,
> (IMHO) it looks very, very ugly.
But this fonts disappeared from console-data! I wrote a mail to
maintainer, but he said, he never saw these fonts. Sorry, we can't use
iso*g because these fonts are disappeared. please se the dpkg -S iso02g
> Yes (that someone would be me).  A few notes, though:
>
> * lat2-u+lat1 also "abuses" the SFM.
>
> * AFAIK, we have no better solution other than "abusing" the SFM.  (I
>   don't think using UTF-8 is an option.)  UTF-8 users (which are rare
>   anyway) can simply change the font if they mind.
Ok, so what will we do? We can put the iso*g fonts to boot-floppies
itself?

Risko Gergely
risko@njszki.hu