[vga16fb] `dbootstrap' starts b&w until vt change.

 I'm working with the Debian boot-floppies team.  We've got a kernel
 (the compact image) compiled with vga16fb, and it shows the Penguin
 logo when it boots.  After booting, `dboostrap', a newt/slang UI
 application, is started by our `init', on vt1.  Normally, it is white
 and red on IBM blue, but with the vga16fb, it's black and white,
 until using A-F2, A-F1 to switch to vt2 and back.  Then it's full
 color again.

 I thought this was a `vmware' bug for the last few weeks...  Until
 yesterday, when I built vga16fb into the kernel I'm running and
 rebooted.  The `linux_logo' was black and white, until I switched
 vt's like that.

 Therefore, the bug is in your domain.  I hope you can find it in time
 for 2.2.15.