Hardware autodetection (Re: sponsor for lothar/libdetect)

Hi. I forward this to debian-boot@lists.debian.org, some people may
get interested in these things, I suppose.

# This was posted on debian-mentors list.

In article <20000219160121.F15332@torsion.org>,
  at Sat, 19 Feb 2000 16:01:21 -0800,
    on sponsor for lothar/libdetect,
 <witten@torsion.org> writes:

> I've just created my first Debian packages and I'm looking for a sponsor.
> The packages are libdetect and lothar from Mandrake Linux. libdetect is a
> library that can automatically detect all kinds of hardware devices. Lothar
> is a graphical hardware autodetection and configuration utility that relies
> on libdetect. The packages are available here:
>
> http://torsion.org/witten/debian/
>
> Note that I haven't yet packaged the hardware configuration plugins for
> lothar (such as etherconfig and soundconfig). These are the parts of lothar
> that really make it all useful. I plan to package and Debianize those soon.
>
> This is just my attempt to make Debian somewhat easier for the newbies. :)
> If anyone knows of an existing hardware detection project for Debian, please
> let me know!
>
> Any sponsors?
>
> --
> Dan Helfman