Re: Contributing to the Development of Debian Installation Program

> Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Thomas W.'s letter:
> >     In order to *avoid* dselect in the install process initially, some
> >     dpkg-profiles will be created, allowing things like
> >     'devel-system', 'X-workstation' or 'gnome-workstation etc.
> >     Similar to the current install process.
>
> please, don't reinvent the wheel. the task selector is clean and
> we already have lots of tasks defines.

Sure. I should have stated, that /root/pkgsel, /root/profiles/* and
/root/tasks/* are supposed to be used.

I for sure intend to stick to the current 'Debian-way' as much
as possible. At least, I don't want to break things ;-)

> gook luck,
> federico

Thanks,
Thomas Weyergraf