Re: bootconfig

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 01:39:06PM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>  Ok; I looked; using `sizeof' on a char * "string" isn't right, is it?
>  I think you have to use strlen then, or you'll get the size of a char
>  *, not the length of the string.  I've changed it to strlen in the
>  branch already.

Where have I done this?  Note that a string literal is not the same size as
char *.  Try compiling and running:

	main() { exit(sizeof "hello"); }

... the exit code should be 6.

>  ... Then moved the placemarker tag forward along with the join.  That
>  has been committed on the branch, so you can just update to get them.

My concern is more that the branch contains many separate changes,
so modifications and debugging are much more difficult.  Even trivial
diffs are large and with so few bashing away on that branch, we lose the
many-eyes effect.  I think the difficulty can be reduced considerably
if we start merging "safe" changes back into the main truck.

>  Ok, I'll take a look at it.  Please pull out a copy of the branch of
>  `dbootstrap' I've created, and have a look at what I did with that.

I will continue to track the changes.

Mark.