Re: Alpha issues (SRM installation)

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 07:13:43AM -0500, Rich Payne wrote:
> there, but rather looks at the existing partition scheme. So, if you could
> get the Debian installer to look at which firmware started the OS, you'd
> be a significant step ahead!

Yes, also having the Debian installer actually run swriteboot and
abootconfig would also be a step ahead :)

It's too bad that there's no way to set SRM environment variables from
within a booted OS, as I've discovered that aboot is rather picky about
booting correctly when bootdef_dev and bootdef_osflags aren't set :(