Re: 2.2.7 slop build problems

Bruce Sass wrote:
> This message gets printed to tty1 numerous times when trying to
> configure device drivers:
> 	s/[-+,]/_/g: No such file or directory
> and no descriptions are available.

Modconf problem.. Randolph?

> Installation of the cdu31a.o module fails with the same messages it did
> for 2.2.6 (minus the syntax error stuff).  I did see an email where
> Manoj S. closed the bug, did the fix make it into this build of 2.2.7?

What was the bug number?

> Network configuration is not working how it should.
> I replace the default text "debian" with "bms", hit enter, then get a
> message that no network device is available and I should install a
> module (perfectly logical since I don't have a network card).  If I
> select "yes" to abort the net config step I get sent to the main menu
> with "Configure the network" as the next step.  If I select "no"
> dbootstrap restarts.  It behaved like this with 2.2.5, IIRC.  2.2.6
> didn't leave `configure the net' as the next step, but it didn't do the
> right thing things either (setup /etc/hosts with "bms 127.0.0.1",
> again IIRC).

Nasty, but nothing new, right?

> Configuring the base system stops the show with...
> in a dialog:	error writing /target/etc/fstab
> on the screen:	/target\//p: No such file or directory

This sounds critical to fix before we can release 2.2.7. The code that
generates the bug is as follows:

  sprintf(prtbuf,
            SEDCOMMAND
            " -n '/target\\//p' /proc/mounts | "
            SEDCOMMAND
            " -e 's/target\\///; s/ 0 0/\t\t\t0\t2/; s/ rw /\tdefaults/;' "
            " >> /target/etc/fstab 2>/dev/null");

This seems to be a bug of some kind in busybox sed. At least:

joey@gumdrop:~/tmp/boot-floppies/utilities/busybox>./busybox sed -n 's/a/b/' /etc/passwd
s/a/b/: No such file or directory
joey@gumdrop:~/tmp/boot-floppies/utilities/busybox>sed -n 's/a/b/' /etc/passwd
joey@gumdrop:~/tmp/boot-floppies/utilities/busybox>