Re: /etc/apt/sorces.list and balancing server

Osamu Aoki <osamu@aoki.fdns.net> writes:

> Current default install always point its apt to
>  http://http.us.debian.org/debian

No, current default install includes an apt configurator that asks you
what country you are in and points to the right mirror.

> This is sure call for overloading this server.

Well, even so, http.us.debian.org is DNS round-robin'd, its not just
one server.

> Sorry not be able to submit source for above procedure.
> Just a wish list.

I think it's unnecessary and even frivolous for potato release.  We
have so many other problems.  The mirrors will be fine and IMHO the
base-config apt configurator is perfectly adequate.