(update) 20000201 i386 boot floppies test report

On Sat, 5 Feb 2000 ferret@phonewave.net wrote:

> BogoMips value is 1.90 (compared to about 48 with `stock' 2.2.14 booted
> Slink)

My system settings got reset. CPU was in `compatible' mode. Not a kernel
issue.

> I notice I'm not asked if I want a block scan while initialising swap or
> ext2 filesystems.

Found this after being suggested to boot `linux verbose'

> I'm also not asked about kernel 2.0 compatibility. (I was expecting to be)
> I also have only 8 inode tables on a 900MB (approx) partition?

Not sure about the inode tables, I just sort of remember having more with
the Slink install. Now I'm asked about kernel 2.0 compatibility. But it
errors out with an unresolved symbol (e2p_edit_feature) in mkfs.ext2 when
I tell it to enable the features manually.