Re: 2.2.14 changes committed

Brian Mays <brian@debian.org> writes:

> Please keep in mind that I'm not the only person in the world who can
> build PCMCIA packages.  The PCMCIA sources work with make-kpkg and are
> not very difficult to use.  They don't require debhelper or any other
> special stuff to build (unlike the kernel-image-2.2.14-compact source).
> Therefore, if someone is building a kernel-image-2.2.14-compact package,
> which could be installed on laptops, then he SHOULD also build a
> pcmcia-modules-2.2.14-compact package to accompany it, or at the very
> least, he should tell me about this package, so that I can build the
> pcmcia-modules package.
>
> I'm sorry to complain, but nobody ever tells me ANYTHING!  I have a
> life; I don't have time to scan the distribution every week or so to see
> whether somebody has uploaded a new kernel-image package.

Sorry Brian.  I should have made sure this happened.  We'll try to
keep you in the loop more.

I assume you only build pcmcia-* pkgs for i386 right?  Porters take
care of pcmcia-modules-* for other arches?

FYI, I do think we may need to have another kernel flavor, with an IDE
patch.  I don't know if that would require a different set of modules
or not, though.