Re: win32 http server

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> Andrew D Lenharth <adl@cs.washington.edu> writes:
>
> > We should supply a win32 http serverfor use with installation.  Ideally,
> > we need one that will run under a user account on NT (no administator
> > access required), and requires little or no set up.
>
> Um, why would we want to do that?

The one reason that occurs to me immediately is so that a Debian
machine can be conveniently installed from a Windows machine
across a network, which could for instance be useful if the
Debian box lacked a CD-ROM drive.
--
"Whoever you are -- SGI, SCO, HP, or even Microsoft -- most of the
 smart people on the planet work somewhere else."