Bug#56821: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]
- To: John Goerzen <email@example.com>
- Cc: Samuel Tardieu <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Adam Di Carlo <email@example.com>, "Huneycutt, Doug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#56821: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]
- From: Pierre Beyssac <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 19:11:18 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20000202191118.N50448@enst.fr>
- Reply-to: Pierre Beyssac <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>; from John Goerzen on Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 12:04:16PM -0600
- References: <[🔎] email@example.com> <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org> <[🔎] 20000202175255.E50448@enst.fr> <[🔎] email@example.com> <[🔎] 20000202181855.H50448@enst.fr> <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org> <[🔎] 20000202184944.K50448@enst.fr> <[🔎] email@example.com>
On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 12:04:16PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> The purpose of this MBR is the same as that of any MBR.
Funny, you edited out my question about why _THIS_ MBR allows you
to choose to boot from a floppy. Does the logical answer disturb
If I read the above correctly, you agree with me, then, that _THIS_
MBR should be replaced with a regular, less-featured MBR.
Thank you, my point is made.
> > Not a help button. A PROMINENT warning, and preferably another
> > choice by default.
> Which would mean that anybody without an MBR already on their system
> would not get a bootable machine. Bad idea.
Either you can't read or you're trying to make me look like an idiot.
No: that means Lilo's MBR would be installed instead by default.
_That_ is the reasonnable choice. You implicitly admitted this
at the top.
Pierre Beyssac firstname.lastname@example.org