Re: Status of Potato?

On 31 Jan 2000, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> I've never heard anyone else report the problems of root being mounted
> read-only.  That is the really big one for you we need to focus on.
>
> Anyone have collaboration for this bug?  Ideas what it could be?
> I've been unable to reproduce it.

I wonder if it's a problem from my kernel from kernel.org instead of from
the debian package with patches applied.  That's why I want to try a
debian kernel tomorrow and start backing out options to see what causes
it.  I think you are using initrd.  Maybe there are some cases where it
doesn't default to rw.

That's my only thought,
Brandon

    Brandon Mitchell  *  http://public.surfree.com/bmitch