Re: netconfig restarts dbootstrap

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 07:39:18PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 07:56:57PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Matt Porter <mmporter@home.com> writes:
> >
> > > BTW, ack! Who the hell ripped out the code to force a configure of the
> > > network from the nfs choice in choose_medium?  net-fetch appeared and has
> > > similar code but it disappeared from nfs.
> >
> > Is this really gone? Has the problem been fixed?
> >
> > Matt, you can sniff thru CVS to find who did it and when; also, you
> > should be able to recover the code quite easily.
>
> It was intentional. The code now resides in choose_NFS_mount(). This is so
> that each function calling that choose_NFS_mount does not have to check the
> netconfig itself (IOW, centralize it to where it is needed).

Nope, it's not there.

The only reason I mention this is that I did a build to see how things are
going and find that a feature is removed when I actually tested an nfs-based
install.  There is no code in choose_NFS_server() to handle conditionally
running netconfig.  It doesn't belong there anyway since the netfetch option
also needs to check if network is configured in the same fashion.  I fail
to see the problem with having an is_network_configured check in the
MED_nfs case.  Heck, it's good enough for the netfetch case right under
it.

I get the feeling that we are talking about two different things. In the
meantime I'm checking the code back in to handle it since it doesn't work.

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com