Re: odd -- /var/log/messages and tail in tty3 not working

Hi.

In <[🔎] oabt6cnh27.fsf@arroz.fake>,
 at Date: 24 Jan 2000 01:02:08 -0500,
  on Subject: Re: odd -- /var/log/messages and tail in tty3 not working,
   Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

adam> > > +       closelog();

adam> Can this be right?  A closelog needs an openlog, and is purely
adam> optional as well, at least according to closelog(3).

Please check it  by yourself. The description in manpages
are not always correct. I myself have build my floppies locally,
and make assure that logger works well with this.
Without this line, logger works well at first, but one /sbin/init
gets connection to syslogd, then logger can not output messages.

I think /sbin/init is special. Maybe logger can not connect to syslogd
when /sbin/init take the connection to syslogd.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>