Re: jfbterm support (Re: [Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>] Re: framebuffer)

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 03:37:00AM +0900, Taketoshi Sano wrote:
> Sorry, I have commit the patch from hattas, before reading the mails from Adam
> and Michael. (with the modification to use the new feature of trim-mo in
> pointerize 0.4, since it has been installed in frozen at master.debian.org.)
The messages were posted after you comitted your changes. :)  So you had no
chance to read them by that time.

I believe the bogl is not ready yet for multiple languages (as there is no
working example of how to make it possible to display Russian (koi8-r) or Czech
(iso-8859-2) or anything else.

> currently bogl use .bdf (which is much bigger than
>  compressed .pcf)
It does not matter since it converts them into C code.  I do not think this
representation is worse than what is used in .pcf.
> it may lack of the scheme to switch the fonts in according to the encoding
> of text. (this is required when we use mixed Kanji/Kana/Alphabet text)
That's the main problem, IMHO.

Hmm...  And how it worked earlier.  Do you use special floppies at debian@jp?

> if the name "_ja" is not adequate, then let's change that name
> into something like "_mb" or "_multibyte".
I believe this may be adequate. :)  I mean "_ja", I would only change that code
you comitted to check for FILE_$LINGUA.

--
Mike