Re: Static network configuration

Anthony Towns wrote:

> This sounds reasnoable to me. If so, I'm amenable to removine the `alpha'
> and `unsupported' warnings from the conffile.

I have written a small perl script called ifsave that writes the current
static network configuration to /etc/network/interfaces (or any other file).
It is used by Linuxconf to write back user changes but it might also be
used for an easy conversion from the old /etc/init.d/network. The script
needs some small changes to preserve all comment lines but I think I can
finish this until monday.

Back to the boot floppies network configuration: I have changed netconfig
to only display the avalibale network interfaces (using /proc/net/dev)
however I don't know if this works with PCMCIA so I did not commit this
change yet.

Who is working on DHCP? If no one else is doing it, I can add a question
to netconfig if dhcp/bootp should be started then go the the interface
selection and start pump for this interface.

--
Stefan Gybas