Re: Static network configuration

Hartmut Koptein wrote:

> Good idea. I hope we will do this. But we should use this also then for
> pcmcia.

This can easily be done in netconf, however I don't use PCMCIA. The
/etc/network/interfaces file in netbase contains these comments:

> # A PCMCIA ethernet DHCP client:
> #
> # iface eth0 inet dhcp
> #     noauto
> #
> #  (note, this won't work unless you specifically change the file
> # /etc/pcmcia/network to look more like:
> #
> #     if [ -r ./shared ] ; then . ./shared ; else . /etc/pcmcia/shared ; fi
> #     get_info $DEVICE
> #     case "$ACTION" in
> #         'start')
> #             /sbin/ifup -s "$SCHEME" $DEVICE
> #             ;;
> #         'stop')
> #             /sbin/ifdown -s "$SCHEME" $DEVICE
> #             ;;
> #     esac
> #     exit 0
> #
> # This is not at all supported at present. You have been warned.)

Can the required changes be made to /etc/pcmcia/network? If yes, I can
change netconf to always write the network configuration to /etc/network/
interfaces (also in case of DHCP/BOOTP).

Who is working on DHCP for the boot disks? Please contact me ASAP as me
need to coordinate our work!

--
Stefan Gybas