Re: diskles-image-*

    Adam> Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:
    >> (Does dpkg-reconfigure re-invoke the preinst and/or postinst
    >> scripts?)

    Adam> No -- rather, the postinst scripts etc run the debconf
    Adam> scripts.  The reconfigure action just reruns the debconf
    Adam> scripts, not postinst entirely, but I may be wrong.

Then now I am really confused.

For instance, have a look at the debconf question "Pre-configure
packages before they are installed?", /var/lib/dpkg/info/debconf.templates.

If I run dpkg-reconfigure, and answer 'y', then a /etc/apt/apt.conf
file is created. If I answer 'n', then the file is deleted.

The only code I can see that creates /etc/apt/apt.conf is in postinst,
and the only code I can see that deletes /etc/apt/apt.conf is in
postrm.

    >> I made a fully debconf version of my diskless-image-* packages,
    >> when I suddenly realized, this will only work if the base*.tgz
    >> file contains some sort of debconf support. What should I do?
    >> Try and manually install debconf (this is inconvenient to the
    >> user), or does the base*.tgz file already have some support for
    >> debconf?

    Adam> base2_2.tgz contains debconf-tiny.  See if your script runs
    Adam> under debconf-tiny.  Unless you're doing something tricky,
    Adam> it should.

I am currently downloading base2_2.tgz, over 14.4kbs, right now...

    Adam> I'm not sure -- would you be willing to grub around in the
    Adam> boot-floppies CVS area?  You can have full read/write
    Adam> acces...

Might be useful. How do I get access?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>