Re: Release-critical Bugreport for December 31, 1999

On Dec 31, BugScan reporter wrote:
> Package: boot-floppies (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <debian-boot@lists.debian.org>
>   53563  File name confusion prevents install from hd

A perusal of the BTS indicates that this can be downgraded; the
reporter says "I do not consider the remaining bugs critical" after
upgrading to use 2.2.3.  Shall I do the honors?

>   53671  configured keyboard layout is not stored on the target system

This may be an issue with the new language-chooser code, and is being
worked on.  Dunno if it's fixed in CVS...

> Package: iceconf (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Jules Bean <jules@debian.org>
> [REMOVE] This package can be removed if it is not fixed.
>   39251  iceconf: iceconf uses old workspace commands
> [HELP] Could be fixed now...?
> [WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.

My understanding is that iceconf is no longer maintained upstream.
Perhaps any exceptional features can be folded into "icepref," which
has a highly responsive upstream author.  After having taken a gander
at the program, iceconf seems cleaner in appearance than icepref, but
I didn't see anything that iceconf does that icepref doesn't.

OTOH, #39251 has a patch in the BTS... it's not in 0.99.33-1, though.

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence       |  Your source for almost nothing of value:   |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>  |          http://www.lordsutch.com/          |
|   Grad Student, Pol. Sci.   |     Join the party that opposed the CDA     |
|  University of Mississippi  |             http://www.lp.org/              |