Re: Checklist for boot-floppies release?

Hello!

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Randolph Chung wrote:

> Hi Risko,
>
> > What can I do for it? Some work?
>
> first we need to fix the driver floppies problem -- the original bf design
> does not accomodate multiple driver floppies like we have now. As i see it,
> we need to change dbootstrap to prompt for multiple driver floppies, and
> then fix scripts/drivers/install.sh to work with tarballs that span several
> disks.
Huh, it's not totally clean to me. You mean in multiple that we have got 3
drivers floppy, or we have got multiple versions? I made an installation 1
months ago, and the driver-1..2..3 floppies were read goodly.
> ultimately, what i'd like to see is for us to have only one rescue/root
> floppy (like we did in slink) and then have as few driver floppies as
> needed. to do this, we can:
>
> 1) compile in some net drivers into the kernel on the rescue disk
I can make kernel-packages if it is help, but which net drivers needed in
the kernel. Or I simply pick up some usually used cards?

Risko Gergely