Luc Stepniewski: Testing CVS version of boot-floppies

------- Forwarded Message

Sender: lstepml@free.fr
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 22:26:55 +0000
From: Luc Stepniewski <lstep@free.fr>
To: Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>
Subject: Testing CVS version of boot-floppies

Hello,

While installing the CVS version of boot-floppies (from 23 December), I
noticed some problems:

1) The new code to detect the CD drives works well, but:
   I have an IDE drive (/dev/hdd), and a SCSI drive (CD writer on
/dev/sda).
   With the new code it detects well both drives, but selecting any of
these
   (even the 'no drive correspond to my settings') returns to the
beginning
   of the installation (welcome screen) ?!
   If I make the installation (without turning on the SCSI drive), it
works
   perfectly.
2) The compilation fails if I set the LINGUA variable to 'fr' instead of
'C'
   in the config file. It seems some translations are missing.
3) In case of failure while compiling boot-floppies, you should
implement an
   automatic 'losetup -d /dev/loop3' (or put it in make clean), it was a
   real pain to find out why I couldn't compile again, after a silly
error
   stopping the execution of make.
4) I don't know if you remember the mail I sent you about the inclusion
of
   suppport for IBM serveRAID cards. You told me to wait for the 2.2.13
   kernel, as it is included into it (but not activated in the debian
config).
   I filed a normal bug report to Herbert Xu (#52597), 12 days ago, but
you,
   as maintainer, do you use the current kernel-image-*.deb when
compiling
   boot-floppies, or do you make your own ?

Thanks,
Luc
- --
Luc Stepniewski <lstep@mail.dotcom.fr> <http://lstep.free.fr/> ICQ#
6104530
Adequat - Securite, Linux     Public key:
<http://lstep.free.fr/pubkey.txt>
Key D93B2D2D fingerprint = 49 00 CC D1 69 03 E2 94  C8 78 ED 3C 75 89 A8
DE

------- End of Forwarded Message