Re: Announcing FAI 1.0 (Fully automatic Installation)

> Why cfengine and not debconf?  It seems to me that debconf is a
> natural for solving these problems.  In fact, there's no reason why
> dbootstrap couldn't ultimately be replaced by a debconf script,
> leading to a single system for automated (with conf file, network db,
> whatever) or manual installation.

cfengine will change the actual /etc/foo file at some later date.  The debconf
based app likely won't.  Plus there is no implied syncing between debconf db
and actual files on the system.

For instance, where will /etc/init.d/network{ing} come from?