Re: syslogd still crapping out

Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 10:49:49PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >
> > Herbert, I assume that trying to cram unix.o onto the rootdisk is a
> > better option than trying to cram it into the kernel?
> >

> Yes, one is restricted by the bzImage limit while the other one is only subject
> to the limit of the size of the disk.

hmm, how do you support multiple kernel revision then ?
Actually you can replace the kernel with another one (not necessarily of the
same revision) on the rescue disk assuming you also provide a drivers disk.
But if you hardcode unix.o in the root disk you also will need to provide new
root disk for an alternate kernel :(((

Is there no chance to integrate unix module to the standard kernel ?
Or is there an alternative to unix socket for mini syslogd ?