Re: directory structure

Bruce Sass <bsass@bms.freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> writes:

> I can not use CVS because I do not have access to a computer with both a
> command line and a 'net connection.  So, unless someone can point me to
> a http or ftp based interface...

> Re: the problem at hand
> Does this accurately address all the issues.
> (Note: I'm not trying to write something suitable for public
> consumption, I just want to cover all the bases)

Yes -- although I have some issues with your terminology.

> [1] A "platform" is defined by the microprocessor (or processor family)
>     that is used in a computer.  (alpha, i386, m68k, powerpc, sparc)
>
> [2] An "architecture" is defined by the microprocessor and supporting
>     integrated circuits that are used in a computer.  If a platform has
>     only one architecture, there will be no "architecture" directory.

I don't know if these terms are right.  I think [1] is both platform
and/or architecture.  I've been using 'subarchitecture' for [2].  I
don't know if there is a better term for that.

Attached is the resulting tree that I came up with for sparc.  I
haven't had any comments from the sparc folks so this is provisional.

<apharris@arroz:19991123> ls -1FR
.:
README
base-contents.txt