Re: any way to have elvis-tiny link with slang ?

According to Adam Di Carlo:
> Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> writes:
>
> > Only if there is a termcap emulation layer in/for slang. Is there?
> > (I have never looked at slang)
>
> Hmm... I'm not sure.  You mean termcap API emulation for programmers?

Yes.

> From the changelog:
>
> Changes since 0.99.17
> 1.  I have added limited termcap support although slang is still a terminfo
>     based system.  The support is provided via the TERMCAP environment

That's something else. It means that slang can read termcap files,
not that it offers a termcap API.

I've dug into slang and spent a few hours with it and I already
hate it ;) But anyway, there is _almost_ enough compatibility stuff
in slang to offer a termcap API. Basically some #defines will do.
But 1 critical thing is missing; tt_sprintf should be exported
(probably as SLtt_sprintf) so that tgoto() can be implemented.

Or even better, SLtt_tgetent, SLtt_tputs and SLtt_tgoto should
be implemented. Would be just a few lines of code. I could whip
up a patch to do that I guess, but it would have to be added to
the Debian slang package ofcourse.

Mike.
--
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.