Re: dbootstrap: system and err msgs

Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@cs.unitn.it> writes:

> Maybe this should be done explicitly on a command basis rather than have
> a system wrapper which redirect all outputs to stderr, otherwise we can't
> redirect the error output of the various commands included in the busybox
> executable.

That's not true.  I don't think there are any commands around which
require that stderr be redirected to a script which reads it.

> Why don't just start dbootstrap with:
>
>     exec dbootstrap 2>/dev/tty3

I don't know if that would work or not.  Anyhow, Erik is adding basic
syslog facilities to busybox so we're going to use that (also
reproducing log msgs on tty3 for non-serial-console), which is a
better solution.

We'll still need a generic function that runs system, redirecting
stderr to syslog...